Achtung! New Star Trek TV show on the way

Can.Not.Resist...

may-the-force-be-with-you-spock-troll-quotes.jpg

I can't decide if bringing back commies-in-space is totally out of touch or on the leading edge of relevance. Regardless, I'm sad that this is based on J J Abrams' vulgar cinematic abortions.

So I recently just finished TNG, which was the first and only Star Trek I watched (other than one of the Abrams films on Netflix shortly after finishing the series).

Is the rest of it really garbage? All the movies too? Nothing else worth watching? I'm totally fine if the answer is 'yes'. Saves me the time and trouble.

BTW, what is CBS All Access? Is it a pay service? What's a CBS?

Is the rest of it really garbage? All the movies too? Nothing else worth watching? I'm totally fine if the answer is 'yes'. Saves me the time and trouble.

Good thing you asked here, because there's such a dearth of material on the interwebz covering this topic!

Good thing you asked here, because there's such a dearth of material on the interwebz covering this topic!
Here's as good a place as any. If I go surf the world wide iNet I'm just getting some dude's opinion that i know nothing about.

If I ask here, I mostly know which of you goobers have no good taste nor class from my judgements upon your character based on your previous posts.

So :-P

sent using the eloydrummerphone.

BTW, what is CBS All Access? Is it a pay service? What's a CBS?

You know how network TV is run by clueless old white men who just want to make more police procedurals? They made a shitty streaming service for themselves and they're desperate to make it catch on before the shareholders notice how few people care.

Reactions: DFB
I grew up watching the re-runs of the the original series, and am a pretty big fan. It's fun to watch, even now. The movies with the original cast get panned pretty badly, but I found most of them pretty entertaining. I loved the reboots too. I wasn't a huge fan of TNG or its spinoffs, but I did enjoy the first season (all I've watched so far) of Enterprise, which kind of goes back to the formula of the original series. So, a new series could totally be hit or miss. Who knows? There is quite a bit of good tv going on these days, so the producers have a lot to live up to.

Back