new specs

wagdog

Ack
Just got two sets of glasses from eyebuydirect. I've bought from them before.

I know we've talked about ordering glasses online here before.

$45 for two sets of prescription glasses, delivered. I'm telling you, these things are as clear and fit as well as any glasses I've ever had before.

The last time I was at my optometrist, they funneled me out to order my glasses there. They wanted something like $550 for a set. I was like, I'll just take my prescription, thank you very much.

Yep, $45 for two. Took my old ones and threw 'em in the trash. Will order a couple new sets in a year or so and chuck these (maybe).

I'm gonna tell my wife about this...
I'm telling ya man, even if she just gets a set to have a spare it's worth it. They have two-fer sales all the time too. Last time I ordered I got a set of prescription sunglasses for the car as my second pair.

Their site has a thing that lets you upload a pic of yourself and "try" the glasses on. Gives you an idea of how they'll look.

I need bifocals, but even those are reasonably priced there. What's more, they have styles I like.

My last glasses were from Wal-Mart at about $90 including transition lenses, but I am trying these folks out next time. Thanks.

I need bifocals, but even those are reasonably priced there. What's more, they have styles I like.

My last glasses were from Wal-Mart at about $90 including transition lenses, but I am trying these folks out next time. Thanks.
I ordered bifocals from them a year ago: $38.95. I don't like them, but not because of the glasses themselves, I just can't stand having the lower part out of focus when I walk.

I just paid $300.00 for glasses. That pisses me off because I'm rough on them.
I hope they have progressives.

I just paid $300.00 for glasses. That pisses me off because I'm rough on them.
I hope they have progressives.
I bought a set of progressives from them a while back and hated them too, but again, I think it was because the lower part of the lens just confused me. I ended up ordering the bifocals w/the line, which I also don't like (mentioned above) for the same reason. I just use two sets of glasses now.

I bought a set of progressives from them a while back and hated them too, but again, I think it was because the lower part of the lens just confused me. I ended up ordering the bifocals w/the line, which I also don't like (mentioned above) for the same reason. I just use two sets of glasses now.
Progressives take some getting used to certainly, but I couldn't go back to bifocals. I do have a pair of bifocals for playing golf, because I don't need the mid-range vision.

Progressives take some getting used to certainly, but I couldn't go back to bifocals. I do have a pair of bifocals for playing golf, because I don't need the mid-range vision.
I gave 'em a fair shake, but I just could not get used to them. The bifocals seemed to work better for me because of the clear line between what should be in focus and what shouldn't be... and I still don't like the bifocals.

I need to go and get my first set of glasses ever.....
:(

But hey, at 43 years old,,,,,and both my folks have worn glasses forever.....I guess I am due (overdue).

I have four pairs from Zenni Optical. They’re pretty much just cheap sunglass frames with prescription lenses priced between $7 and $50. I buy cheap ones so I don’t care if they get destroyed. Scratch resistant coating is free, all lenses are UV blocking, anti-glare coating runs $5–$10, RX sunglasses are cheap (except progressive lenses), and the titanium frames are light as a feather. Don’t expect greatness, but if you treat them as disposable glasses they’re good.

Warby Parker has much better frames for around $100.

And if you’ve ever wondered why glasses are so expensive when the manufacturing costs have become minimal, it’s because Luxotica has a near monopoly on frame brans and retail glasses outlets in the USA:

Back