New signature guitar! John Jorgenson

Dogsinplastic

avuncular to no one
What do you all think of this amalgam?

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/23661-fret-king-announces-john-jorgenson-signature-model

A Tele and Duo Jet had a baby?

JAN16_LNU_FretKing_JJArtist_WEB.jpg

Yeah, I want to like it more as John is a monster, but I don't jibe with the Gretsch aesthetic. The closest I come to liking them is and Duo Jet, but despite that and my irrational love of Teles (especially thinlines) I'm not particularly digging this. I prefer the Jerry Donahue Fret King...which is really just your basic Tele:

http://fret-king.com/black-label/jd-jerry-donahue-542.html#.Vqj1BvkrKUk

fkv25jdd_image1.png

I like this one better. Maybe it's because JJ has gone to some really odd colors over the past 10 or so years.

I know that I bought my G&L ASAT Classic because of JJ. One of the best guitars I have ever played and still own!!!

s-l225.jpg

JJ is a monster player and the Helecasters were the bomb. Funny to see that Donahue has gone back to a Tele styled guitar.

I like this one better. Maybe it's because JJ has gone to some really odd colors over the past 10 or so years.

I know that I bought my G&L ASAT Classic because of JJ. One of the best guitars I have ever played and still own!!!

s-l225.jpg

JJ is a monster player and the Helecasters were the bomb. Funny to see that Donahue has gone back to a Tele styled guitar.

Yeah, the Hellecasters were a revelation to me. They took the pyrotechnic guitaring into a better place, more musical place, more fun place. More country than Morse who I love yet more "rock" (as it were) than Albert Lee who I also love. John was my favorite of the three initially and then I obsessed on each one for a bit. Will Ray is one of the reasons I bought my ASAT Special...although I longed from one since they were first issued as the Broadcaster, but I particularly loved this one:

main.php

Mine is a cherry sunburst with a maple board (the fat 1 3/4" nut neck) from 1996, but I still love it. It's the electric I play the most.

Looks pretty Reverendy to me, so given all the Reverend fanbois around here, I'm surprised it's not getting a warmer response.

I tried a Thinline Tele with the wide range humbuckers, but I just didn't bond with it. If I were to go with a thinline concept again, I would probably go with this one:

6520_Squier_Classic_Vibe_Thinline_Telecaster_Natural_CGS1015473_a.jpg

I played one once, and still think about the sound.

I tried a Thinline Tele with the wide range humbuckers, but I just didn't bond with it. If I were to go with a thinline concept again, I would probably go with this one:

6520_Squier_Classic_Vibe_Thinline_Telecaster_Natural_CGS1015473_a.jpg

I played one once, and still think about the sound.

I have the MIJ version of this with a SD 59 in the neck and Barden in the bridge. I've got to get it from my parents and plug the effer in!

Yeah, the Hellecasters were a revelation to me. They took the pyrotechnic guitaring into a better place, more musical place, more fun place. More country than Morse who I love yet more "rock" (as it were) than Albert Lee who I also love. John was my favorite of the three initially and then I obsessed on each one for a bit. Will Ray is one of the reasons I bought my ASAT Special...although I longed from one since they were first issued as the Broadcaster, but I particularly loved this one:

main.php

Mine is a cherry sunburst with a maple board (the fat 1 3/4" nut neck) from 1996, but I still love it. It's the electric I play the most.

Got mine in '91 and I found it by accident. Went to Lab Sound in West LA looking to buy another MB Single Cab and there it was, on the wall. Plugged it into an MB .22 Caliber and it played like a dream but sounded like crap. I said, I can always change pickups - so I bought the guitar and the MB Cab. Took it home and played it through my rig. Damn this guitar sounded great!!! No mods since 91 except for Straploks and strings - well after playing the guitar for over 24 years, I finally had to change the guitar jack.

G&L Shrunk - S.jpg

Back