New Saint Project Almost Done...

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
The toughest part of any project are paint and decals. Just need to seal them and the assembly begins.

Decals are on - S.jpg

If that's what I think it is, you're going to love it.

My friends each run two now. One is always on and is pretty much the tone for their rigs. The second is used for some extra oomph.

I was going to modify one to have a second gain knob and be able flip between the two settings with a stomp switch but with the dual gang pot for gain, it became a bit of a challenge. I still might sort it out though.

"Saint Electronics" You going into mass production?

No. I just do it for fun. If you have seen previous projects that I have put up, the same decal are on them. Graphics is the toughest part on building these and takes the longest.

If that's what I think it is, you're going to love it.

My friends each run two now. One is always on and is pretty much the tone for their rigs. The second is used for some extra oomph.

I was going to modify one to have a second gain knob and be able flip between the two settings with a stomp switch but with the dual gang pot for gain, it became a bit of a challenge. I still might sort it out though.

This one is the BYOC Silver Pony which is no longer available. I also bought a board for another one some time back.

Very nice work Randy. How did you do the lettering? Are those home-printed water slide decals, or did you silk screen it?

Home-printed water slide decals - that is why I mentioned to Bob411 that this is not a production. If it were silk screened I could do a small boutique shop. Sadly cost of production would put the cost of pedals up. Being that I do this for myself, It if fun to test the boundries of what one can do.

Small one-color silkscreening is simple. You can probably learn to do it at a weekend workshop and buy the supplies for under a hundred dollars.

Yeah, it isn't that hard. My brother used to own a Skate Shop and made his own T-Shirts. He was doing 2 color before he shut the store down. I have one, the shop's name was Square One. I had him make me one with like the AC/DC logo, same font, it said SQ/01. It is pretty cool.

Small one-color silkscreening is simple. You can probably learn to do it at a weekend workshop and buy the supplies for under a hundred dollars.

I did silk screening a couple times way back when (college) for my fraternity. However I had the screen made for rest and we did the rest. I agree one-color is simple and would be much easier on pedals than on T-shirts.

Yeah, it isn't that hard. My brother used to own a Skate Shop and made his own T-Shirts. He was doing 2 color before he shut the store down. I have one, the shop's name was Square One. I had him make me one with like the AC/DC logo, same font, it said SQ/01. It is pretty cool.

Two or three color would be awesome. I have a couple pedals that I need to get the artwork transferred to decal properly. One is a Rat clone and the other a BSIAB.

I did silk screening a couple times way back when (college) for my fraternity. However I had the screen made for rest and we did the rest. I agree one-color is simple and would be much easier on pedals than on T-shirts.

Two or three color would be awesome. I have a couple pedals that I need to get the artwork transferred to decal properly. One is a Rat clone and the other a BSIAB.

It is much easier now. You can make the screens with an inject printer somehow. That is how my brother did it. I think you print it and transfer it to the screen somehow. No cutting the green film like when I was in high school and made shirts.

It is much easier now. You can make the screens with an inject printer somehow. That is how my brother did it. I think you print it and transfer it to the screen somehow. No cutting the green film like when I was in high school and made shirts.

May give this method a try as well for simpler things

I have followed your projects. Don't know why it stuck out on this one and, grabbed my attention. Maybe I was just hoping you had went into production and, I could order one.

Thanks for following B411. I thought about it a few times but with playing, work and being a father not enough time in a day. I think the key to doing anything as a production item would be to have something unique. Sadly with pedals, not many are unique anymore. I am trying something different right now that is not a kit or anything and if it does what I want, I may do a build to order - well see what happens.

Back