New Recording Project

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Being a history buff, I love blending history and music. My newest project is a collection of songs of the Wobblies; this will actually be a adjunct to a program that will blend lecture, visuals, and music.

In respect of Mark's no politics rule (which I fully support) I am posting a link to the Soundcloud playlist of what I have recorded so far. Your replies are quite appreciated but let us not get into a discussion of the politics of the songs, and just discuss the music.

Three of these songs have the original IWW lyrics with music by me. Organize was sung to a tune I have not been able to find anywhere. The same thing happened with May Day Song. Joe Hill's Last Will was not put to music, so I came up with something.

I am happy to have Carol singing on some of these songs; she will provide sole vocals for the song Bread and Roses.

Anyway, here's the link:

Do'h. I didn't realize that posting the link would post the songs. If it becomes a problem, I'll delete the link and just put a link to my main Soundcloud page. :facepalm:

Back