New Pedals - reviews

Pine Apple Slim

Armchair Expert
1. Richtone Amps Reverb- Exactly as described. A well constructed basic reverb pedal. Sounds very good. quiet and realistic. I recommend these guys work. solid stuff at reasonable price. Cool graphics.
2. Joyo Trem-pleasantly suprised at the quality of this pedal given the low price. Works perfectly, quiet. a real bargain.
3. Berringer EQ- ordered this thing for$25 thinking it might do as a clean boost. Yea it works for that but what a POS. Crappy plastic and it hisses like a buck o snakes, worthless.
image.jpg
image.jpg

2014346-behringer-graphic-equalizer-eq700-guitar-pedal-0.jpg

Two more pedals on order.
1. Catlinbread Super Chili Picoso Boost- due in next week.
2. Nocturne Dynobrain - being built, will prob get next month.

It's basically a bright/dark switch. Nothing real drastic tho, pretty subtle. I'd record a clip but all I have is a iPad mic, prb not worth the trouble. It's a pretty basic pedal, no tremendous cavernous psyco tricks. Spring sounds like spring, hall and room are pretty typical. Lots of adjustment available. Just a good sounding all around basic pedal that does what it's supposed to with no fuss.

HNPsD

Don't know what the answer is for an EQ pedal. Tried an MXR, it was noisy. Just Googled "EQ pedal noise", one of the first links was to the Gear Page. More than one mentioned the MXR, how great it was and, dead silent.

All I wanted out of the EQ was the 15db boost. I figured $25, WTH, but with the noise generated it was a bust.
Hence I went ahead and ordered a good boost pedal, the Chili Picoso.

That Richtone looks like the older Biyang tri verb just rebadged, the housing gives this away. The gfs pedals are biyang. Supposed to be a good pedal and Youtube reviews can be found on that as well.

I gassed on one for a while.

It was the reverb in my price range I always wanted until T Rex came along.

That Richtone looks like the older Biyang tri verb just rebadged, the housing gives this away. The gfs pedals are biyang. Supposed to be a good pedal and Youtube reviews can be found on that as well.

I gassed on one for a while.

It was the reverb in my price range I always wanted until T Rex came along.

It does look like the Biyang.
EC490-1m.jpg

The Super Chili Picoso arrived today and I'm pleased. On lower settings makes a good stomp for a bit of lead boost, a bit more of the single knob pushes my Bassman to slight breakup nicely. Doesn't seem alter eq much at all, not slanted to the high or low end.
I'm very pleased with my choice on this. I know these have been around a while but I was way outta touch about pedals in general. The only boost I really knew anything about was the ol MXR Micro Amp, which ain't bad but is also kinda slanted towards treble.
The GC dude tried to sell me on an Exotic EP but I wasn't quite convinced since I have another echo machine based preamp on order(Nocturne Dynobrain ) that's gonna be an "always on" pedal in front of the Bassman.

The xotic ep booster is an awesome pedal but I think you made the right choice. When I had the xotic, I ended up with it always on and didn't use it as a boost.

Back