New Parts Basses Day

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I started building a Mighty Mite parts bass about a month or so ago. I just picked it up from the shop this week. Unfortunately, the pickup I was planning to use died. So I'm using a Squier Classic Vibe pickup for the time being. The pickguard comes from a '97 Squier bass that had a lot of nicotine staining. It's strung with flat wound strings.
20160624_164558_zpsxhsdiyws.jpg

The second bass is a pawn shop rescue. This one has a Fiesta Red Squier Classic Vibe body, a Mighty Mite neck, a Duncan SPB-3 pickup, and a pickguard that is the color of pearlized urine. I'm going to have it set up with neon green strings to make it a tribute to the Chicago hot dog.
20160629_095018_zpsydjme6au.jpg

HNPBD!

PK, I like how you are not afraid to put things together to get what you want. I confess that I'm afraid to do that for fear of making a colossal mess of it.

Actually, the green strings really pull together the urine-soaked MOP PG and Dakota red body!

Also, I am so impressed that you used -- or rather didn't use -- the apostrophe to make the plural of basses. I have read "basse's" or "bass'es" so many times it makes my head hurt!

Back