Listen to this - New Opeth

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
Hey, guess what...I actually like this new track. It actually sounds like a proper song without the usual meanderings. and proper singwriting

There's a lot to like in there.
I was having trouble getting past the snare in the verses, though. Seemed just behind the beat enough to be distracting.

I like it better than many of the other bands that you've posted. I don't see myself sitting out on the patio with a beer listening to it, but it's melodic and rhythmic with a refreshing lack of cookie monster.

I like it better than many of the other bands that you've posted. I don't see myself sitting out on the patio with a beer listening to it, but it's melodic and rhythmic with a refreshing lack of cookie monster.

I miss Opeth's cookie monster :(

I didn't care for the last record at all.

Then you may not like this one either. YMMV
The overall musical style is "milder" than Heritage. "Goblin" is more fusion jazz sounding than any other genre. The album has a 70's prog feel to it with occasional metal edges showing up.
I like about half of the songs but the album needs a few more listens.

Last edited:
Then you may not like this one either. YMMV
The overall musical style is "milder" than Heritage. "Goblin" is more fusion jazz sounding than any other genre. The album has a 70's prog feel to it with occasional metal edges showing up.
I like about half of the songs but the album needs a few more listens.

I enjoy "Damnation" quite a lot. there's songs on it.

Heritage sounded like a bunch of weird licks cobbled into songs.

idn_smilie

Back