New Multiple Fuzz Pedals Day!

speakerjones

my hat is all
Hi, my name is Jesse and I have an addiction to fuzz pedals. Well, I bought Tig's Earthquaker Hoof Reaper last week, and picked up a used Analogman SunFace NKT275 from Craigslist on Tuesday. Last night was my first chance to get over to the studio to check them out.

I tried out the Hoof Reaper first, using my AVRI Strat. Wow. Tons of gain on tap with this thing. So cool. I was looking for something that I might be able to swap out both my Big Muff and my RAT for on my board. I think this is it. Very versatile with the octave up and the ability to stack it all. Quiet too, at least compared to my Muff. I foresee me having a lot of fun with this pedal. I gotta try it out with humbuckers, as I bet it'll work even better.
13650261784_2d9852d7a0_b.jpg

The SunFace I actually recorded some tracks with last night using my bassist's Jazzmaster. This pedal is amazing. It's a great sounding fuzz face for sure, but the real kicker is how much it cleaned up with the guitar's volume rolled back just a tiny bit. I guess there's a bunch of different versions of this pedal, with variations even within the transistors (NKT275 red dot versus white dot, high gain vs. low, etc.). I'm not even sure which one I have, but it rocks and it's staying. I also think I practically stole it at $95.
8CA165CF-99FB-4B2B-B2EF-A84D5A2BC2CA.jpg

Hoof Reaper is awesome. I sold mine recently, but plan to replace it with a regular Hoof. HNPD!

Back