Listen to this - New Meshuggah preview.

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
From Tomas Haake's interview for Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/p...d-bending-new-song-born-in-dissonance-w435710

After he came up with a few rhythms, he imported them into his computer, rearranged them some more. "For 15, almost 20 years, the computer has been an intrinsic part of our songwriting, but it has nothing to do with recording," he says. "As we've refined our programming technique, we've learned how to do ghost notes and make it sound very much like an actual drummer. It's part of the creative process." Eventually, he brought in bassist Dick Lövgren to write the song's riffs. Then after dozens of rehearsals – a first for the band, whose budget in the past has forced them into the studio before they could refine the songs as a group – they were ready to play them as a unit, live in the studio. Then, when a song is recorded, they blend the different takes together to make a perfect-sounding song. "It's like a puzzle," Haake says.
Looking forward to hearing the rest. It was a pretty insightful interview too... check it out.

Reactions: Tig
interesting that the bassist writes the riffs these days. Sounds pretty much in line with the previous releases. I dig it

On a side note, I always chuckle when people say James Hetfield is the best rhythm player in metal. Guess they are not familiar with Fredrik Thordendal and Meshuggah.

interesting that the bassist writes the riffs these days. Sounds pretty much in line with the previous releases. I dig it

On a side note, I always chuckle when people say John Schaeffer is the best rhythm player in metal. Guess they are not familiar with Fredrik Thordendal and Meshuggah.

FIFY. :embarrassed:

I think the reason Het gets that is considering Metallica's state these days, he's still as tight and fiery as ever. Either directly or indirectly, his playing has influenced every metal band post MoP and it's kind of an honorary title at this point. It's like when people say that Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitar player to have ever lived; that's probably not the case but he's certainly the embodies it and his playing changed everything thereafter.

This band reminds me of a group of musicians who made not keeping time cool by saying they were playing odd time signatures.

And the vocals suck too.

Back