New Guitar Day - '72 Martin D-35

jaxn slim

Your Worst Nightmare
(I actually got it a few days ago, but I finally got a chance to snap some pics.) I've been on a roll lately, as this is my second guitar in as many months. I wasn't planning to get it, but I've been GASing super hard for a Martin dreadnaught ever since I toured the factory (on a trip when I also visited @Lerxst in PA) a few years ago.

I was at Rockin' Robin dropping off a few guitars for repairs that I'd been putting off for too long, and I haven't been able to go into a guitar shop without trying at least a few Martins for some years. This 1972 Martin D-35 had just arrived a few days prior, and it was everything I wanted (except for missing a pickup, but that can be remedied.) It was the only guitar I tried, and I knew it was it. Very articulate, yet boomy. It has a lot of low end, which I love, but also has some mid punch and high end sparkle. It just sounds very pleasant to me.

The top and binding have yellowed very nicely. There are checking, chips, and cracks throughout the finish, but I believe that is to be expected in a 44-year-old guitar that has been PLAYED.

I am hoping to use this extensively in my February Original Songfest submission. We'll see, though, as the newborn and wife on maternity leave have been seriously crowding my "me time." :embarrassed:

by jaxn slim on MarkWeinGuitarLessons.com

I hope you enjoy it. Martin was one of my dream guitars back in 1972.

HNGD!
q7UOguwF3KdmdlEcngJFEb9cE3zhellQvwPKcLj7YAOCRLLDTP03Oux-F5Wr-oLQAk7R4FR63_wWCWI-4ytGm0oUNxz30WFuMc8l6edOozRVwPIAeJSsX5c0Kd-VNbAuoCGB7KeWOsq07a7H0-uDBm4Q_VZLJCLUVrHx-WL4Heiryh3pkulNdeADRJrZp3UJa3OgwCRLLF6F1HI8JdYhRgcqutWdQ8QjPxOTZ6ZzaU0Ymnem6YjC_Uqmipsf9sz2vyGIpDspVZxwH-148ydp-ajiieLvJJHzQlYrPT1bjtT2MBcJwltLVjeVfQM1sPB0QdEvTtdyH3eoULW7MIAcPDT95J4k9nrrANaDjLUaF4l-hz5ADVcCLxcFkxfSZCdyqcjOXW-xl9x6tx5pTZhdSGgTKLrWJrB8jGbAmYDzWwtrxMLpWh-YO8UOXwg7uZj8Wvd4HEB-xnBfSHp-1ULJ4uRP5d6CnhTXRk76bJOsgYcG4jDVCRGeszf5vWTzLOFSM719rnX2cMyJF-cqZQWDiHrmdx13tyS1ZxMSBgbxIEkxM9U6paK5FkVMds15C3xtMWLPyKuI23mq2qJfoNunQ_SDW-fEuwXaYYXtzDF8sXobZB8vkbTc=s398-no

HNGD!

(I actually got it a few days ago, but I finally got a chance to snap some pics.) I've been on a roll lately, as this is my second guitar in as many months. I wasn't planning to get it, but I've been GASing super hard for a Martin dreadnaught ever since I toured the factory (on a trip when I also visited @Lerxst in PA) a few years ago.

I lived with-in a couple hours of the factory and never did the tour until last year. Really interesting and informative.....also insanely GAS inducing.

Back