Dig it! New Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

vintage clubber

You gunky!
Tried one of these at Sam Ash today! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnn!! I had a 1980 Silver Face Deluxe reverb that I sold over 20 years ago. That was the one piece of gear I wish I had held onto.

I liked that when I saw it demoed at NAMM but it has as much in common with a real 1968 Deluxe Reverb as it does with a meatloaf.

you know I don't understand why that do that crap.... make it look all real.. but load it with junk Chinese pc boards and emulators ....... I've not actually seen one but that's what im guessing.... am I close?

It really shouldn't take all that much to build a real clone of the 68.... I could most likely do it in the ballpark of $1000... and Im a numskull ... I bet fender with all their buying clout could source all the parts and labor for way less than half of that.....

It confounds me sometimes...

you know I don't understand why that do that crap.... make it look all real.. but load it with junk Chinese pc boards and emulators ....... I've not actually seen one but that's what im guessing.... am I close?

nope.

it's a real tube amp, just like the DRRI. but the DRRI is a pretty popular model. So they modded this one to be something else while keeping it in the family. it's another flavor.

personally, I see no point in buying a new Fender amp. maybe a used one, and definitely not a vintage one. But that's because I bought an Allen Encore and it might be the BEST "Fender" amp I've ever played.

One of the benefits of being as old as mud is that I got to play lots of now vintage Fender amps when they were new. All I can say about my Reissue Twin is that if some time traveler had told me to plug into it back in 69 I would never have known the difference. I'm impressed with the reissues.

Back