New Double Case Day

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I've been using a Levy's double gig bag for the past 10 years. At the time, it was a very nice bag but it's starting to show its age. My straplocks have torn holes in the bottom. The straps are uncomfortable. The piping is cracking. Stuff like that. I'll fix the bottom where I've taped it up, but it'll be retired to house duty.

The Mono M80 double is cool, but their prices rise every year. I didn't want to cough up $200 a few years ago. Now at $300, it's simply out of reach for me. I had been looking at the Reunion Blues RBX double, that Smurfco bought sometime in the past year. It's a good bag and at $200, I could afford it if I sold some stuff.

About a month ago, I was in Ass Ham on 34th St, and saw the new Gator ProGo bag. It was the same price as the RBX and more robust. It's like Gator took everything they could from the Mono without infringement and priced it similarly to the RBX. The one part that makes no sense to me is the removable inserts. There's simply no reason to remove them. But ok, whatever. The padding is thick, the exterior is waterproof and has a rainguard (in it's own pouch), and there's lots of pockets.

But still, I really didn't want to spend $200 on a gig bag.

If there is a drawback to posting the GPOTD, it's that you see a lot of gear. And I saw a Gator double bag on my feed for $130 shipped. Which is a stupid low price. So I looked and this seller is selling "demos". I took a chance and got it today. UPS roughed up the box, but the case inside was in pristine condition. Loaded up, it is heavier than my poor Levy's bag. But there's a huge difference in protection and it is certainly a more reasonably priced alternative to Mono.

crummy iPhone pics:
tumblr_oeniq3UcNQ1r1df3ao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeniq3UcNQ1r1df3ao2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeniq3UcNQ1r1df3ao3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeniq3UcNQ1r1df3ao4_1280.jpg

So for another $110, I bought the single bag version. It'll be here next week. Who wants to buy a BOSS RC-30? :grin:

Last edited:
Carrying one electric in a gig bag is heavy enough; I'd hate to carry two.

That looks great, though, and congrats!

I love my Mono double bag but it is fucking massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back