New cheap Tele day

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I recently picked up this S X Tele from those who must not be named. http://tinyurl.com/zpoy4r8

It's a damn nice guitar for $134 shipped. The body is alder. The bridge is chrome plated brass, and the tuners are decent. No hardware needs to be replaced. There were a couple of minor finish flaws. But I can live with that. The body is double bound. The fretboard radius is 13.7". This is easily as nice as a Squier VM Tele. The fret work was perfect and it was set up well.

I replaced the pickups with a set of BG A3 pickups that I had with a 4 way switch. My only complaint is that I had to dig out a bit of the control cavity with a chisel to accommodate a USA switch. I kept the stock pots because they were decent quality Asain 250k pots.

SX%20Tele%20Front_zpsgo8kdwkx.jpg
SX%20Tele%20Body_zps2aqtjdzp.jpg

SX%20Tele%20Front_zpsgo8kdwkx.jpg

I have JJPistol's old SX Spiderman Strat. I bought it sans the pickguard. I need to do something with it. Not a bad guitar at all.

Nom. What's not to like?

Fwiw, back in the day when balsa wood and spit still had a brick and mortar store, Kurt actually placed aside a Valkyrie P-90 SG for me when they were blowing out a model prior to a re-design (reportedly due to a Gibby cease and desist letter). I wanted to send a money order so the purchase would be below the radar at Casa Krashpad (even though it was only 99 bucks), and by the time they got it, there was a good chance they'd all be gone.

That was pretty cool of him, I'd say.

Back