New Carvin Day

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I bought this one a few weeks ago and just took delivery of it on Friday. It's a Carvin CS4 that the previous owner kept in great condition. I think the only thing I will change on this is that I'll put cream colored pickup rings on it.
20160717_103740_zpssjupsbof.jpg

Nice! Let us know what you think of the pickups.

That CT6 I had, I loved the neck pickup. The bridge pickup was certainly alright, but it was a very neutral-sounding pickup. Not alot of character to the tone.

The first time I was jamming with friends with my CT6, my buddy Paul whipped his head around the first time I pulled the tone knob out to put the neck pickup in single coil. He said "I thought you swapped out your guitar for a Strat, it sounded just like one". That was the most convincing single-coil tone from a split 'bucker that I've heard yet :embarrassed:

The Carvin C22's sound good to me in this guitar. I was thinking of swapping them for a set of Duncan Alnico 2 Pros that I have. But I'll probably just keep them.

Nice! I always wanted a Carvin. I remember getting the catalogs in the mail when I was younger and I thought they were really nice. A buddy of mine has a Carvin bass that is really sweet.

Nice! I always wanted a Carvin. I remember getting the catalogs in the mail when I was younger and I thought they were really nice. A buddy of mine has a Carvin bass that is really sweet.
I have 3 Carvin basses. Outside of a Ric, I can't see myself needing another bass. The Carvins are fantastic.

Back