New cab day.

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Over the weekend I sold my Blackstar HT-40. So I’m getting a new rig, something smaller and quieter. I already have an Orange Micro Terror on order, but I needed a cabinet. I looked at a lot of options, and just before I ordered an Egnater 1x12 I found this Mesa 1x12 on on Craigslist and the seller accepted my offer of $300.

This cab is a beast; right now I’m using it with my normally wimpy Ampeg GVT5-110 combo and it makes the amp sound huge. Aside from some dust it’s in great shape. There’s a 90 watt Black Shadow speaker inside, so this should be big enough to handle anything I buy later. It’s got plenty oomph at low volumes and it’s broken in enough to have mellowed out, which I like. I’m looking forward to the arrival of my Micro Terror.

NEmUQBr.jpg

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, you're looking for smaller and quieter, so you bought a Boogie cabinet. I mean, they're great, but "quiet" and "Boogie" do not mix. They are built for loud.

I’m not trying to get down to TV volumes. I just want an amp that doesn’t jump to earsplitting volumes when I turn on a loud fuzz pedal. And it’s only going to be a 20-watt solid state amp into a 1x12. It’s not like I bought a Recto 4x12 and a Thunderverb.

Back