New Bridge for my Old Dano

profgalen

Helper
I've had this 1999 Korean 56 reissue Dano U2 for a couple of weeks. The original steel and rosewood bridge was beginning to dip down in the middle as they are known to do. I bought a C.J. Tooling bridge. It's a drop in replacement for the original with compensated Tele type saddles. The saddles are rosewood so you keep that vintage tone. They also sell brass, steel or aluminum. Intonation is spot on as is the action. I would highly recommend these bridges for Danos.
b9f557fa6897730c3d0872137de88a1c.jpg
987101219b47d4348dad1fa6975b13b5.jpg
70a70ad1536c9b4cd5e2e1be1930378c.jpg

P.S. I really kinda dig this Aqua-Burst. Probably not a big seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice! That's the main reason I bought a dc3 years and years and years ago. It had a real bridge on it. Surprisingly, one of the best playing guitars out of the box I ever had.

Love the aqua burst!

I never knew rosewood saddles where available for an electric. I wonder why it's not an option for more guitars?

right on, I love the look of that bridge. I like the rosewood saddles to keep the tone the same.

Since you have experience with them, do you find that it thickens the sound at all, or is it just a warmer sound?
I've never tried the RW Tele saddles. I would imagine they would sound warmer. Less bright. I don't know about thicker. The bridge that came off my Dano was also RW but not intonable.

Last edited:
I always thought that Danos were cool, but the two reissues I checked out at Starving Musician made a tele sound like a humbucker; they had an incredibly, annoyingly loud hum...

I always thought that Danos were cool, but the two reissues I checked out at Starving Musician made a tele sound like a humbucker; they had an incredibly, annoyingly loud hum...
The more recent Chinese Danos have hotter PUPs than the earlier Korean reissues. They may hum more. That being said, they seem quieter than say P90s IMO. However because of the way all Danos are wired (series rather than parallel) I love the the sound of the middle position. More like a real HB.

The lipsticks in the Korean ri's are Kent Armstrong designed Alnico. The recent Chinese are ceramic and hotter.

As an FYI you can [if available in your area] pull a lipstick, get the polarity flipped then wire it in backward. That gives you RWRP between the 2 pup's and no hum with both on. Really nice, creamy hum-free lipstick tone. Ceramic magnets can't be flipped.

I like to wire mine with 2 push-pulls - one switches the phase and the other toggles series/parallel. I also like a blend pot instead of the switch so I can dial in the exact mix of pups for great tonal range.

Back