Dig it! New bridge day

BlackCat

American Greaser
Burns tremolos have their following over at the Gretsch forum but they have issues. The latest thing I've done to get this one usable is adding a pinned roller bridge.
It's better but still not great.

Let me tell you the story about the shiny chrome on the handle. When I got the guitar the hardware had a beautiful 50 year patina. The kind of look that the custom shop charges extra to simulate. (And that gets guitar forum members all worked up.)
The guitar needed a lot of work when I first got it. My buddy was the first one to take a crack at it. When I got it back he had made it "better" by taking steel wool to the handle. Well I didn't specifically tell him to leave it alone so it was my fault. I bit my tongue and said thanks but I've felt a little bad about it ever since.

Newbridgeday_zpsf0ce5124.jpg

20140414_100438_LLS_zpse3fa5698.jpg

HNBD! I know that roller bridges are generally the way to go with Bigsby style tremolos. With my recent purchase of the Gretsch 5120, I have the standard Adjusto-Matic floating bridge, and I haven't had any trouble with the guitar staying in tune. I guess I don't really dive bomb enough. :)

Back