New Amps Day!

speakerjones

my hat is all
My buddy, knowing I'm on the lookout for cool recording amps, sends me a link to this Craigslist ad for two Fender combos - a SF Vibro Champ and RocPro 700 for $350. I show up to buy the amps, and it's a little old lady, selling off the old man's amps. She says she has one more, a big Gibson, if I'm interested. It turns out to be a big old solid state 2x12 combo called a G105. It fired up and made noise, so I offered her an extra $50 for it. I think she was happy to have it out of the way, as there was no way she was lifting the damn thing. It's kind of neat with a built in phaser and something called a "harmonic multiplier". The RocPro is a hybrid 70w 1x12 combo with a tube overdrive. I'll likely sell those two, and walk away with a super cheap or free Vibro Champ. It's a '72 in beautiful condition. All original RCA glass. It has a shitty radio shack replacement speaker, and will probably need a new power switch, as it has to be in just the right spot to stay on. Even with the rat shack speaker in the wrong resistance, it sounds pretty good. Can't wait to get a real speaker in it and see what it does cranked up.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I loved my Vibro Champs. I was sad to see them go, but the deal I got selling them was astronomical. Nice score at a nice price. Especially once you sell the others.

Back