New amp!

Congrats on the HNUAD :thu:

You got a steal @emmaporkchop ! The Jet City amps sound great as I have just the heads of the same amp. If you get the chance to turn it up, set the master between 6-7 and use the preamp for your master. Just about 4 the amp will have a great round sound on the verge of breakup. Use you guitar's volume to clean up the sound and then turn up for a nice push. Use mild OD's to send the amp in a great lead sound. The OD's can be set just about 11-1 o'clock, if you cascade two OD's you will get a beautiful singing lead sound. Once again use the guitar's volume for reducing the volume.

Enjoy!!!
Finally really got to do this over the weekend, and sure enough, I was able to get a great sound. Looking for forward to eventually recording with this amp. Thanks for the advice!

Finally really got to do this over the weekend, and sure enough, I was able to get a great sound. Looking for forward to eventually recording with this amp. Thanks for the advice!

If you ever decide to change tubes, I changed all of mine with JJ's except V2. In V2 I use an NOS 5857M. JJ makes one now but never swapped it out. With the 5751 in there, I have a better tone sweep and it helps to reduce/cleanup the crunchiness of the overall sound.

Just in case...

I am getting one of these today. Super stoked to have a small tube amp to cart around that sounds this killer. I am paying twice what you did, still blown away to get a nice tube amp for 200. 100 wtf!?

Back