New Amp Day

xStonr

Kick Henry Jackassowski
It's been a while since buying a new amp. Because of my current living situation, which is in a apartment with complaining neighbors, I have been buying attenuators to try and lower the volume without losing much tone.
After some internet surfing I came up with one of the Marshall 1 watt 50th anniversary amps, the JCM 2000 DSL 1h. I have it connected to a 1x12 with a Greenback. The Classic channel is ok, but the Ultra Gain is really really good. So far I am quite pleased with this purchase. I think my complaining neighbors will be pleased also.
marshall-MDSL1H-0.jpg

Nice! I like the DSL series. Considered this one myself for home use but I may wait for the CODE series.

HNAD, it looks cool.

What do the Deep and the Tone Shift buttons do? I failed to find an explanation on Marshall's website.

The deep switch add a fixed amount of bass to the tone. The tone shift button moves the mids higher when depressed. When combined with the mid control turned down you get a scooped sound that supposedly is better for a more metal sound. To my ears, I can hear a difference but it is subtle.

Awesome. I have the JMP 1 watt combo. They can't keep up with a drummer, but they're plenty loud. Your neighbors would very likely still hear it when at half volume.

Awesome. I have the JMP 1 watt combo. They can't keep up with a drummer, but they're plenty loud. Your neighbors would very likely still hear it when at half volume.

I'm very careful with volume as I have been reported to the Condo police already cop0

Back