New Amp Day

Alex W

Pork and Beans connoisseur
This was waiting for me when I got home from work. It replaced my Mustang floor unit.

unnamed (1).jpg

Here's my quick take on it. Most of the "orange channel" (mid gain crunch) amp models are fantastic. Even the higher gain models are fine once I dial back the pre and post gain. I like the Twin model with maxed pre and post gain. It just sounds good.

The "red channel" (high gain stuff) is not my cup of tea. I don't like super high gain stuff anyways because I think everything turns to mush but to each his own. I like the Classic 50 on the red channel though. I've owned a handful of Peavey classics and it sounds pretty dead on to me.

The knobs feel flimsy.

It's loud (the 40 watt VIP2). I can't get it up over 1.5 without fear the cops are going to be called. Loudest I have had it at so far was 2.

I don't know why they include so many Peavey high gain models. A 6505 AND a 6534? Why? An XXX AND a Butcher. Again, why? Too similar for me.

No included USB cable o_O . I guess I can't expect one for $200 but it's kind of hard to use Revalver without one.

Overall I'm really happy with the purchase. I could gig this thing and be happy once I figure out all the stompboxes and how to program it.

I don't know why they include so many Peavey high gain models. A 6505 AND a 6534? Why? An XXX AND a Butcher. Again, why? Too similar for me.

If you think that’s bad, they put models of the Valve King in Revalver!

Back