New amp day, in a bout a month

FWIW, what I've found with variable wattage amps; 5w is plenty and it will still be loud. It's the headroom that takes a hit and the top end; i.e. once you run out of steam, you're out of steam. Also, if the wattage reduction is something like going from push-pull (what most amps are configured as) to single-ended (such as a fender champ), you'll find the tonality change and compression may be enough so that you'll not use the 5w mode. This is the case on my MESA 5:25 Express - the 5w mode is really a novelty and sounds very compressed, I never, ever use it.

Anyway - DO enjoy your new amp - congrats!

I was going to say "that's a lot of cash for a little Marshall combo".... then i realized it's only a little more than I paid for my custom Mesa combo. :embarrassed:

I was going to say "that's a lot of cash for a little Marshall combo".... then i realized it's only a little more than I paid for my custom Mesa combo. :embarrassed:
It IS a bit on the high side pricewise , but i loved the original Jubilee and the fact that this amp is being built in the UK factory made it a bit more easiser to justify. I have always played Marshall Amps,and I'm looking forward to this one. I really dig the idea of 5 watts too,as even at 40 watts with my DSL40c I can rarely turn up past 5 without it just being WAY too loud. i'm hoping I can dime it at 5 watts and not piss off the singer =)

Back