New acoustic guitar day

Muppet

Cat in the Hat
The nicest acoustic I ever played was a Guild that a family friend had and let me play once back in the '80's. Since then I've wanted one really bad. So yesterday, I get an offer to buy this one for 100 bucks. It's made in China, so it's an entry-level guitar from them, but it's a closet queen in near perfect condition. Even the tweed HSC is in near perfect condition. They still make these ($549 on most sites), but they made some unfortunate changes. They went from a gloss to a satin, and lost the cool MOP inlays in the headstock. So, I'm glad I have to older one. This one has a beautiful gloss to it. Pictures don't do it justice. For a hundred bucks, I feel pretty good about it.

I may need to raise the bridge a little. The action is so low that it frets out on the higher strings from the 10th to the 14th frets. We'll see. The strings were really slack when I got it, so the neck might just need some time with the strings at full tension. I'll put a new set on this weekend and see what happens.
IMAG0494.jpg

Nice pick up Muppet, and quite a steal at $100. Since they weren't playing it, I'm sure they were happy to have it go somewhere that it would get some use. HNGD!

Nice pick up Muppet, and quite a steal at $100. Since they weren't playing it, I'm sure they were happy to have it go somewhere that it would get some use. HNGD!
This! With a little love, and then some playing, that guitar will open up and flourish for you I bet!

Back