Dig it! Never Again I Said!

Scott_Abene

Resident Noodge
Never again I swore would I own anything made by Peavey. No Amps... No Guitars... NO NOTHING!

I have been burnt too many times.

Hell Hath apparently frozen over. Not only that but I believe I actually like it.

I mean I won't be running out and filling the house with them nor will I suddenly love all things PRS with birds tomorrow but I actually like something Peavey.

Maybe it will wear off and I will put it up on the block in a couple weeks but right now I actually like it.

Go Figure.

Peavey_Wolfgang_2000_00.jpg

Those were pretty nice. Not quite on the same level as MIA Wolfgangs, but pretty nice in their own right.

Personally, I'm a big fan of lots of the American made Peavey stuff, like their Classic series amps (I own a C50 head, a C30 112, and a C30 head) and the Wolfgangs (1 American Standard and one American Flametop Special). I've owned several other Peavey items over the years, and while some of them have been better sounding than others, everything has been made pretty bullet proof.

Last edited:
I've owned several other Peavey items over the years, and while some of them have been better sounding than others, everything has been made pretty bullet proof.

Peavey has always been well made... That being said well made does not make said product sound good.

The two PAs and several amps plus some Peavey guitars I have owned proved that. The 5150 series Amps are quite nice. My renown 400 certainly was loud but lacked any tonal quality. Same with the previous Peavey guitars that I have owned. They played well but they did not sing. At least for me.

The USA Wolfies are said to be beauties.

Then again, I love my 1992 PRS CE 24, though I haven't even replaced the string that broke on it during a gig I played on August 31, 2013. :embarrassed:

make it a hardtail, give it a less gaudy finish with less figured wood
and rework the headstock and its a keeper.

I always liked peavey amps. Some say they are the redneck fender

I've always wanted a wolfgang or a MM EVH model. I can't imagine I'd play it out much but to me it became sort of an iconic design and is really comfortable to play in a way that's somewhat distinctive.

I had a Backstage Plus amp. Really nice little combo. Only reason it left me was my Soldano Atomic 16.

Back