Neve 1073LB

I guess $1,000 is pretty good for a 1073 pre. Your campaign to convince me to get a lunchbox might be working. :embarrassed:

I guess $1,000 is pretty good for a 1073 pre. Your campaign to convince me to get a lunchbox might be working. :embarrassed:

:grin:

Yeah, the price threw me a bit, but I bet once some clips start getting out there it'll be pretty appetizing. If I do end up selling my Ron Asheton than that money will be lunchboxing. :grin:

:grin:

Yeah, the price threw me a bit, but I bet once some clips start getting out there it'll be pretty appetizing. If I do end up selling my Ron Asheton than that money will be lunchboxing. :grin:

I've got a pair of the GAP 73's that I'm going to try getting to know first. I haven't had the chance to really give them a solid test, but the clips I heard online were pretty convincing. We'll see.

I've got a pair of the GAP 73's that I'm going to try getting to know first. I haven't had the chance to really give them a solid test, but the clips I heard online were pretty convincing. We'll see.

Did you get the modded ones? TapeOp did a 1073 shootout recently and they had fairly favorable impressions of the modded versions, but were left a bit 'meh' on the unmodded. IIRC, the modded Chameleon Labs was their runner-up and the Vintech took 1st place... but it's around $1400.

Did you get the modded ones? TapeOp did a 1073 shootout recently and they had fairly favorable impressions of the modded versions, but were left a bit 'meh' on the unmodded. IIRC, the modded Chameleon Labs was their runner-up and the Vintech took 1st place... but it's around $1400.

I listened to a shootout and couldn't tell the difference. So I just went with stock thinking I could always upgrade later.

I've been pining after the Vintechs. Nearly pulled the trigger on a 473. And I got a Dual 72 for stereo guitar tracking, which has been working out pretty well.

After recordingfest I kind of wish I had a few nicer preamps and a couple of better mics...DON'T DO THIS TO MEEEE!!!!1!!

After recordingfest I kind of wish I had a few nicer preamps and a couple of better mics...DON'T DO THIS TO MEEEE!!!!1!!

Go Lunchbox. Add as you go and can always switch out comps/eqs and add to the chain too. When Luigi and I both get our 500-racks it'll be killer because we can borrow and share... you could do the same thing with El Boracchito!

Back