Need recommendation for a chugga chugga practice amp

Like a others have said - an older model Blackstar might be had for around $200 - $300. I had another thread on this-but my Fender SCX2 has some nice high gain voices. The cheap way out might be a Joyo pedal. Hey - I LOVE my Joyo Crunch Distortion.

Oh Shoot - I forgot the Peavey VIP Vypyrs have some extreme high gain. Some limitations in tweaking - kind of have to stay in a set palette - but honestly I have A/B'd a VIP 2 against other SS Modeling amps - and it totally kicks ass and takes names.

Not yet. I think she's waiting till she gets her bonus from work. I gave her the list of things to check out. :thu: Thanks guys.

I picked up one of these from GC a few months back for $200 figuring that if I didn't like it I'd return it. The drive channel sucks but I decided to hang on to it because the clean side is very clean and actually pretty damn good. Not huge amounts of volume but for around the house and garage jams it's certainly adequate. 50W all tube with 3 12AX7 by 2 6L6 (41 lbs.). Upgraded the speaker in this one which helped a lot.

Peavey VK 112

Last edited:
Back