Need recommendation for a cheap multi efx pedal

Get a Keely Dark Side when it comes out tomorrow, then sell it to me when you need something else. Win/win! :idea:

I am not a fan of multi effect boxes, but man that one has me interested. I would love to get my hands on one to try out and see how it sounds in person and how flexible it is.

I am not a fan of multi effect boxes, but man that one has me interested. I would love to get my hands on one to try out and see how it sounds in person and how flexible it is.

Buy a Digitech Ventura Vibe. You already have the rest.

Buy a Digitech Ventura Vibe. You already have the rest.

What I like about this one, it it has just about everything I need in one box and it is really 3 pedals in a box, no menus or presets. I don't have the cash for it now anyways and I've started putting a little cash away each check so I can hopefully get a Titan next summer.

What I like about this one, it it has just about everything I need in one box and it is really 3 pedals in a box, no menus or presets. I don't have the cash for it now anyways and I've started putting a little cash away each check so I can hopefully get a Titan next summer.

What if you want the delay without the modulation? You can turn the mod off, but you can't stomp them independently.

What if you want the delay without the modulation? You can turn the mod off, but you can't stomp them independently.

That's why I want to test drive one first. To see if it is really something I would use.

I have the modulation turned almost off on the Echorec. It is too close to a tremolo/vibrato for me. That said, I almost always have the chorus pedal on when I have the delay on. But my tastes change so much and what I want to play is so different from day to day. I really need to start a band so I can focus better. :grin:

That's why I want to test drive one first. To see if it is really something I would use.

I have the modulation turned almost off on the Echorec. It is too close to a tremolo/vibrato for me. That said, I almost always have the chorus pedal on when I have the delay on. But my tastes change so much and what I want to play is so different from day to day. I really need to start a band so I can focus better. :grin:

This is what I'm saying. Forget the Keeley. Adding a vibe to what you already have is not only more flexible, it's more "your sound".

This is what I'm saying. Forget the Keeley. Adding a vibe to what you already have is not only more flexible, it's more "your sound".

Oh, I'm not getting it, I am intrigued by it. I have 2 priorities gear wise and that is an amp and a Titan. By the time I get those, I will forget all about the Keeley :grin:

Plus, I have loved every Keeley demo I've seen, but when I actually have gotten them, they are kinda meh. I'm sure it has more to do with my shitty playing than the actual pedal.

Oh, I'm not getting it, I am intrigued by it. I have 2 priorities gear wise and that is an amp and a Titan. By the time I get those, I will forget all about the Keeley :grin:

Plus, I have loved every Keeley demo I've seen, but when I actually have gotten them, they are kinda meh. I'm sure it has more to do with my shitty playing than the actual pedal.

What amp are you getting? I'm currently working on a tricked out Music Master. :grin:

Get a Keely Dark Side when it comes out tomorrow, then sell it to me when you need something else. Win/win! :idea:
Brian Mason posted that (or somebody posted it on his Facebook page) and that thing looks fucking sweet!

For what you're saying,I would just try one of those Zoom G3 or G5's.

I have a Zoom G3 and it sounds great... I get all my distortion from the amp and an OCD for a gain boost though. The effects I use from the G3 (which lives in the loop) are chorus, flanging and various delays and it has noise reduction as well.

I think it was 200 bucks new... a couple of years ago.

I have a Zoom G3 and it sounds great... I get all my distortion from the amp and an OCD for a gain boost though. The effects I use from the G3 (which lives in the loop) are chorus, flanging and various delays and it has noise reduction as well.

I think it was 200 bucks new... a couple of years ago.

Really? I had a Zoom pedal long time ago and it was garbage.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks

Actually, I've heard from a couple people that the Zoom G3 is a winner. There's a more expensive version that includes an expression pedal (wah, volume, ect)

ZoomG_SeriesG3G3_head_on-db43b509e914bc5293186029ac31aa15.jpg

I bought 2 Korg G3 pedals when they first came out. For the time (1990s) they worked great. I used them pretty steady until 2008. My son has both and they are still going strong. The noise reduction, crunch, and chorus was great. I have not owned a multi since. I have played through a few owned by friends. A Zoom and a DOD. I wont really judge them because I had no real amount of time to tweak them. Both were a bit noisy but not bad.

Another vote for the M13. It's great! Not a fan of some of the distortions but you can add a separate box or just deal with what's on offer. This is a feature rich box that you can get used for $200-$300. MF always has scratch n dent/returns for cheap if you want to avoid buying on the used market.

Back