Need recommendation for a cheap multi efx pedal

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Need recommendation for a cheap multi efx pedal

So I’ve been using a Line 6 POD XT Live since it was first introduced and I love it. I’ve played shows with it direct to the board and I’ve been using it with my 5150 III 50 watt for eq, delay, comp, noise gate and as a channel switcher.

That being said, I think it’s on its last limbs. Pretty good run if you ask me.

I’m looking for a decent, but cheap multi efx pedal that I can use for simple programming… a little delay, compression and noise gate for lead tones and some reverb, delay and compression for cleans. Having the ability to control the amp via midi would be great too. But not a deal breaker.

I don’t play out anymore so I’m not looking for anything crazy… maybe something under $300 - $400.

Any suggestions?

Wait until after next Winter NAMM. The Line6 Helix was released this year. Now, everyone plays catch-up. In that, I'm hoping L6 releases an M9 sized version.

Wait until after next Winter NAMM. The Line6 Helix was released this year. Now, everyone plays catch-up. In that, I'm hoping L6 releases an M9 sized version.

Those suckers are $1400.00. I'll stick with my Digitech GNX 3K. I have 5 or 6 patches that are massively tweaked out and sound awesome. That is pretty much all I ever use on it except for occasional recording uses.

I got nothing. I can barely handle a pedal with 4 knobs, so multis are out for me.

Those suckers are $1400.00. I'll stick with my Digitech GNX 3K. I have 5 or 6 patches that are massively tweaked out and sound awesome. That is pretty much all I ever use on it except for occasional recording uses.
I'm not advocating for buying the Helix. I'm saying wait for everyone else to level up, and then buy something.

me-80_top_main.jpg

https://www.boss.info/global/products/me-80/

I think you should just change your sound and go clean with a ton of reverb, delay and some kind of modulation. :grin:

OK... so I think I know what I'm going to do... not get a multi efx.

I think my Line 6 POD XT Live is dying. I have a nice delay pedal that sounds great on it's own through the 5150 iii 50 watt. I just need a noise gate in the loop to get rid of some hiss from the red channel.

But even playing the amp without the Line 6 in the loop just opened up the tone so much. I love the way it sounds.... sometimes the easiest thing to do is just work with what you have.

Yup...I've had a couple multi fx units over the years. At the end of the day I got rid of them all.
The digital fx sound good but the od and distortion sounds were always lacking...

OK... so I think I know what I'm going to do... not get a multi efx.

I think my Line 6 POD XT Live is dying. I have a nice delay pedal that sounds great on it's own through the 5150 iii 50 watt. I just need a noise gate in the loop to get rid of some hiss from the red channel.

But even playing the amp without the Line 6 in the loop just opened up the tone so much. I love the way it sounds.... sometimes the easiest thing to do is just work with what you have.

:embarrassed:

Yup...I've had a couple multi fx units over the years. At the end of the day I got rid of them all.
The digital fx sound good but the od and distortion sounds were always lacking...

I haven't played with a multi effects unit in forever, but that was always my complaint. The delay and modulation are fine but the dirt always sounded bad. Maybe they have gotten better but I am happy with individual pedals.

Back