NDP: Full Tone OCD

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
The singer in my side band told me the other day he likes my stage presence and loves what i add to the band but he really needed some more cleaner tones on some of his songs.
I play thru a Marshall DSL 40c, and usually use the Classic Crunch channel rollimg down the volume on my guitar to get a cleaner tone. I was also using a Soul Food to add a bit more gain. When i went to the clean channel and used the Soul Food for an OD I was less than thrilled with the results

I went to GC and tried an assload of OD and distortion pedals thru a clean Marshall at the store and when i got to the OCD i was SOLD. I am now using the Clean Channel (with the gain on 10 so if i hit the strings really hard i can get a touch of break up,yet remaining pretty pristine ) and for my drive the OCD pedal sounds better than the amp distortion i was using( and i was THRILLED with the Amp distortion) and an Exotic EP booster for my solos.

Saturday night was it's debut and the singer told me several times how much he liked the way my rig sounded,and I couldn't agree more.

HNPD! It's always nice when you find something that help you create "your sound." And if others like it too, it's all the better!

Back