NBD - Lyte content

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
So I still wasn't getting along with the neck on my Schecter Model T, and have had it on Craigslist for a couple months...finally, yesterday, I see a listing for a guy that wants to trade his bass for something with a larger neck - and thus, I find myself the extremely happy owner of a 1991/1992 (per Fender Serial number site) MIJ Precision Bass Lyte. 3/4 size P body with a J neck, active P/J pickups. This thing is LIGHT - I haven't weighed it, but it weighs less than my Strat - it feels like a feather. On top of that, it sounds and plays great - it just might be a keeper, will know more after I hear it through my real rig at band practice on Wednesday....

On to the pics:
plyte1.jpg
plyte2.jpg

Congrats! Every time I see a lyte used it’s too expensive, nice to see you scored a trade.

Nice!!! I have a MIM J-bass. Not a lyte and not as nice as yours but it plays and sounds fantastic!!
Congrats!!

These are really cool basses, and sooo much easier on your back / shoulder. I got interested in them because Johnette Napolitano plays one (same reason, to save her back), great necks, electronics. Really underrated.

Update - while I love the weight, I really don't like the active pickups when I play with my band - I just couldn't get it to sit in the mix the way my P Bass Special does. So, this will serve as backup until it sells....

Update - while I love the weight, I really don't like the active pickups when I play with my band - I just couldn't get it to sit in the mix the way my P Bass Special does. So, this will serve as backup until it sells....

Why not just replace the active pickups with passive pickups?

Why not just replace the active pickups with passive pickups?

I'm not big on tinkering these days - I want something that I can get stock, turn up, and have sound good with minimal twiddling. I have that in my P Special, and my Rumble amp. I really need to just set aside the funds for another P Special to have a solid backup that has my tone.

I agree on the active pups....especially on a bass. They just don't do it, do they?
I have a buddy that swears by them, and they sound good enough I guess but I like the passives.

I had that exact bass. Liked it a lot. It was my only bass at the time.

I left it at a friend's house after a recording session. While he was at work some high school kids broke in and stole it, my Fender Flame (loved that guitar) and a ton of his stuff. Police closed in and the story I heard was they dumped it all at the bottom of someones pond to get rid of the evidence.

Very frustrating for all of us who lost stuff. I had put together a strat style guitar they left because I had put my name on the headstock. There was more money invested in that guitar than the others combined. But it looked cheap I guess and had a persons name instead of a brand.

Back