National Football League (NFL) 2015-2016 thread

Glad to hear that the Browns named McCown as the starter for Sunday. Manziel's scrambling might have given the Raiders some problems. McCown is pretty mediocre - I don't get the switch back.

Last time I saw McCown play was Bears vs. Tampa last year. He was quite horrible.

As a matter of fact, here is my, I'm a lunk head, I love the Bears, I'm an idiot confession. The Bears played Tampa last year. I don't follow all the teams, just the Bears. I had no idea how the Bucs were doing, what their record was, etc. I knew who Josh McCown was, and he did play as a Bear, and a lot of people wanted him to play instead of Cutler when Cutler could play again. So, I'm watching the game and, McCown is really, really bad. I get this flash in my brain that he is playing so bad because, Mark Trestman, his former coach and, because he is THE QUARTERBACK WHISPERER, knows how to get in his head. Now Trestman is going to give up on the offense, concentrate on the defense, and make every quarterback the Bears play, play horrible. ..and the Bears are super bowl bound.

Remember your super bowl bet? I was thinking maybe you and, I could make one for this game. You would have to give me at least 25 points.
HaHa! I am not generally a betting man, and made an exception for @335clone due to the long standing rivalry between our teams. Not gonna give you 25 points, or even 16. gonna just hope they pull themselves back together as a team. :grin:

They seem to be an emotional team that rides waves at times, and falls apart at other times. Maybe due to the relative youth of the team.

Remember your super bowl bet? I was thinking maybe you and, I could make one for this game. You would have to give me at least 25 points.
Well, I could have bet. They covered your spread. The game was about what I expected, other than having Marshawn not available. But maybe that was good. They had a chance to try some other offensive schemes. Your guys are just a little too beat up right now to hang for a whole game.

And BTW, I have always had a soft spot for the Bears, ever since the 80's and McMahon and the Fridge. Don't really know why, but I do.

Reactions: Tig
I did say at least. :grin: It was nice to see them get to the quarterback. Was starting to not think much of McPhee.

They are in really bad shape right now. But, even if we weren't banged up, the team has a lot of missing pieces. At least we have a coach now. ...and, the GM can draft. Just going to take a looooong time to turn it around.

And BTW, I have always had a soft spot for the Bears, ever since the 80's and McMahon and the Fridge. Don't really know why, but I do.

Even though they spanked the Bears hard, Seahawks are still one of my favorite teams to root for in the post season.

And still holding onto the 2015 Paper Tiger Award...my Carolina Panthers. We should start out 4-0 considering the Bucs are next week, but then I won't be surprised if we're 5-3 after 8 games.

Skins vs Eagles next week will probably go down in history as one of the greatest sporting events of all time. Think Thrilla in Manilla or Miracle on Ice...Its gonna be that good!
hqdefault.jpg

And just like that the Raiders are 2-1. And if they stay focused they should be 3-1 after next week wince they are playing the Cutlerless Bears. I actually watched most of the game. They looked like a real football team for the first time in several years.

Even though they spanked the Bears hard, Seahawks are still one of my favorite teams to root for in the post season.
Thanks. Not sure it was such a spanking, considering it was a home game, and you guys are missing so many. The Bears held the Seahawks to two field goals in the first half, and one of the two touchdowns was a special teams play. I am hoping that the game helped the offense jell a bit, but I am not thinking it was that impressive a spanking by the offense. The D played well in the shut out.

The Cowboys lost, so I'm good. :grin:

Halfway through the Texans' game I told Mrs. T, "If you wait long enough, they'll trip over a team they can beat once in a while."

Looking forward to tonight's game. My daughter and I haven't missed a MNF Packers game in years. Since she's in NYC, we're gonna talk on the phone during the game so it will seem like old times.

Reactions: Tig
Giants win on Thursday, Dallas loses on Sunday. I actually heard an announcer yesterday say that they are picking the Giants to win the division since they now have the best QB in the division (I still think that may be stretching it).

Overall, not a bad week in the NFL.

If the Eagles had lost, it would have been better, but I'll take what I can get.

Looking forward to tonight's game. My daughter and I haven't missed a MNF Packers game in years. Since she's in NYC, we're gonna talk on the phone during the game so it will seem like old times.

That's the one good thing about the Bears being so bad. Almost no prime time games.

McCown actually played pretty well vs. The Raidahs. I would like to see the Browns start to use Johnny Football a little bit more and more throughout the season. Find out if he's your future guy and all :embarrassed:

Speaking of the Lions :( The had the best rushing attack in the NFL, preseason. Now that the regular season has started, they are throwing 60 times a game and rushing 10 times a game. Now, I'm no genius when it comes to football. Heck, I never even played rocket football, let alone Jr. High or Highschool ball. But when you have 4 pretty darned good running backs (Abdullah, Bell, Notre Dame guy, and South Dakota white guy), but only run the ball 10-12 times a game, all I can do is messedup0

So...

My son called me last week and told me he was going to buy some tickets to the Cardinals/49ers game. He is a 49ers fan and lives in Phoenix so he thought of this as a chance to see a game with his old man (our first together) and watch his 49ers play. The last time I went to an NFL game was 1977. I saw the Rams (my favorite) play the Saints and Archie Manning. He was the whole Saints team and that was when the Rams had one of the best, if not the best, defenses in the NFL. Manning got beat up. That was at the Coliseum in LA. I had gone to one other game in the Coliseum and a Niner's game in old Kezar Stadium way back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. No indoor stadiums so this was going to be an experience for me.

We arrive early so we can try to beat most of the crowd. No problem walking from the parking garage and it is not too hot out. When we arrive at the gate there is a metal detector. Ok...I can see why.

I step through and it goes off.

"Sir, Please step over here..."

I go over and he runs a wand. It beeps at my left pocket. It is then I remember my 2 1/2" knife and I pull it out figuring I will have to buy another. I always carry one and have lost a few at airports and such; I always forget about them. I show the guy my knife and make to give it to him. He looks at it and says: "No, you can keep it..."

He runs the wand over the left cargo pocket of my shorts (yes, I wear them. I have a wrecked back and cannot carry anything in my rear pockets anymore. So there!)

The wand beeps again and he ask's me if I have anything in that pocket. Why yes, I do, my can of Copenhagen snuff. I pull it out and he tells me I cannot have it in the stadium. I immediately remember the 9/11 attacks and how the terrorists were able to take over the plane with cans of snuff. :facepalm:

I look at him, calculate the odds of laughing in his face and still being able to get into the game and decide that discretion is the better part of...being able to get into the game. I put my harmless knife back in my pocket and toss the very dangerous, very volatile, can of Copenhagen in the trash.

We get in, take our seats and my son has done well: Top level but at the 40 and great view of the field. Seats are a bit narrow but...

Game starts. Cards, 3 and out! SF gets the ball and first play Kaepernick drops back, tosses the ball and...Pick six :facepalm:

Niners get the ball back and they keep it on the ground. Kaepernick then drops back the next play, moves right and throws right...into the hands of another Card. Pick six...:facepalm:

The Niners sucked and the game was hard to watch. I felt sorry that my son paid the money he did for the Niners to piss the game down their leg. Kaepernick looked scared the whole game.

We left in the fourth quarter.

It was nice to see a game with my son but I know now why I prefer to watch on TV. Better experience and the snack bar serves only the things I like.

Hope the Rams do better next week. The Cards look tough.

Back