Nano, Nano...Blues Board Simplified

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I started playing with my blues group Johnna & The G-Allstars 6 months ago. I started with my rig consisting of my then newly aquired "64 Gretsch Clipper, a TS808 Tube Screamer and my Fender Excelsior. The setup has gone through a metamorphosis. After fixing my Tweed Super, the Super entered the rotation. Then the Boss FRV1 Reverb was inserted into the mix. Last month I subbed in my Klon Klone for the TS808. At certain jams along with the gigs I would run the Reverb on a One Spot and the OD's on batteries.

Well to shorten my setup time, I broke down and bought a PedalTrain Nano. I was so happy when they released it as it is perfect for what I was trying to do. Sometime in April I bought a Cioks Adam power supply and today I just got my Nano board.

Nanoboard

1 - Nano Top - S.jpg

Nanoboard Bottom

2 - Nano Bottom - S.jpg

Drill Template Card Attached

3 - Template Card - S.jpg

Holes drilled and tested

4 - Holes Drilled - S.jpg

Cioks PS attached

5 - PS Attached Top - S.jpg

The Adam revealed

6 - PS Attached Bottom - S.jpg

Pedals are all wired up and ready for action

7 - Board Wired and Ready - S.jpg

Guitar>Tuner>Klon Klone>TS808>Reverb>Amp

Both OD's are different sounding and I do not cascade them for the blues.

Nice. I've been thinking about the Nano board, too. I enjoy playing with various pedals when I'm at home, but when I play at the church, I am a minimalist. Since that's the case, it just makes sense for me to go with a small board. For the music that I play at church, I could go with a tuner, chorus, delay, and/or reverb. Right now, I don't have a board for that smaller setup. It might be time for me, too.

Nice. I've been thinking about the Nano board, too. I enjoy playing with various pedals when I'm at home, but when I play at the church, I am a minimalist. Since that's the case, it just makes sense for me to go with a small board. For the music that I play at church, I could go with a tuner, chorus, delay, and/or reverb. Right now, I don't have a board for that smaller setup. It might be time for me, too.

See if you can find a pedaltrain mini. You can fit 5 pedals easily on it :grin:

And the Adam fits in it too.

Here is my Mini with the Adam underneath:

13165949_10154226230177425_8813694279545457177_n.jpg

Thanks for the additional inspiration Chad and Mark. I really do think I'm going down this road. A few months ago I bought a used Fender Acoustisonic SFX amp, and I had totally fallen in love with my acoustic sound. Before, I was playing my acoustic through the church PA system. That meant that I did not have control over my sound when I played solo. The last few times, I have put the amp up front, and also miced it for those in the back of the church. A little delay, some SFX streo imaging, and I'm all set to go. Playing with the church praise band is where I would use the small board. I play clean, so I don't need much.

I plan to get an Adam for my Mini as well. Currently using a One Spot. I will need to get those 2-1 cables though as I have squeezed 7 pedals on the Mini Board. Won't do it for awhile though until I find a nice price again. I am not gigging regularly with the mini board at this time.

CB Mini V3.1 - S.jpg

Last edited:
i went back to using my M13 run into the FX loop on my orange. just ordered a mini footswitch for the amp too. not exactly nano but it's pretty much hassle free and sounds good enough for my sorry ass. think i'm going to sell my HD500X. it's fun but way too high maintenance getting it set up for my taste.

Back