name one Eagles song you are not completely tired of.

I recall reading that Browne wrote the first verse, but either Henly or Frey wrote the second...the one with the flatbed Ford. This is all coming from an aged memory though, so I could be mistaken.

Jacks rented the first floor of a house and Frey and Henley rented the second floor. Jacks was working on that song, but he kept running into a block, and he was playing that same line over and over again "well i'm standing on the corner....." (which btw, he had actually had his car break down in Winslow Ariz.)....Glenn got really tired of hear this partial verse played/sang over and over.....so he went downstairs and asked Jacks what the hell the problem was.....Jacks says he can't find a line to finish it.....Glenn then comes up with the "it's a girl, my lord, in a flat bed ford slowing down to take a look at me."

so a year or so later, Jacks offers the guys that song to put on their first album, and of course it's their first hit.

so there ya go.

Reactions: Tig
Hotel California is a shameless radio biscuit. It’s a dull pop balled with doggerel lyrics. I never want to hear it again.

Or maybe I do. It is pretty catchy.

I'm at the dentist office and the Muzak is Lyin' Eyesz it sounds like a shitty Neil Young cover.

Back