NAD!

Got a Variac, yet? :tongue:

Ok. Played around with variacing it down. I actually had to bring it up from 80VAC to between 90 and 100VAC. It broke up too soon at 80 volts and wasn't loud enough! 90-100 volts was just right. And holy shit did it sound good. Like cranked 100 watt Marshall at bar band volume level and not ear splitting. So easy to find the sweet spot.

Hopefully the amp hangs in there. I realize the quality is iffy on these. I'll try a clip tomorrow.

That's a lot of amp for $155. Nice score

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

HNAD!!! Congrats

It's no Splawn, but... it costs 1/10 of what my Street Rod cost me! :eek:

HNAD!!! Congrats

It's no Splawn, but... it costs 1/10 of what my Street Rod cost me! :eek:

I've looked at the street rods for years. Congrats on your new amp.

Still need to scrounge or build a 212 cab. I think it will even sound better with something closed back. This amp has no right to sound this good. My guess is it wouldn't survive the bumps and bruises of night after night gigs but it won't ever see that anyway.

I've looked at the street rods for years. Congrats on your new amp.

Still need to scrounge or build a 212 cab. I think it will even sound better with something closed back. This amp has no right to sound this good. My guess is it wouldn't survive the bumps and bruises of night after night gigs but it won't ever see that anyway.
I think the head cab is the weak link with gigging. The chassis itself is pretty solid.

I use mine with an old Delta-logo era Peavey 412MS and a Jet City JCA24S (not the plus version). I want to swap speakers in the Jet City cab, though. They're a bit dark. I think a pair of Creamback 65s would be perfect.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Back