NAD

Chad

Slender Hobbit
So I just wanted to get a small, decent clean amp, Fender style. It was either the Super Champ XD or the Princeton Reverb. Seeing as I can't stand Vibrato and preferred a head, I went with the Super Champ. The '68 reverb sounds awesome and if I were gigging or had the extra cash handy, I probably would have gone that route, but I am a cheap bastard at this point.

I was planning on only using the clean channel but I was very surprised at how good the models sounds. I haven't looked to see which one is what model, but I could use most of them. The effects are garbage, maybe if I wanted to spend some time with the fuse software I could make them usable, but I have pedals, so why bother. I may end up using this as a channel switching amp which may let me ditch a dirt pedal and have room for something else :grin:

file-1(1).jpeg

HNAD!
I have one of those as my at-home practice amp. Fantastic clean, and very usable dirty tones as well. I like to just put a touch of the on-board delay on there so it's not too dry sounding.
I play through it just about every day.

Good amps. They come biased on the cool side. Put some JJ6V6s in there and bias it to 52volts. You won't believe how much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back