NAD!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
@Jbird sent me his old and barely used Crate Powerblock this week. For what it is its actually pretty cool. I'm going to give it a spin with some pedals in a bit.

13133184_10154212052157425_5747505015992940978_n.jpg

Right on. Even if it sounds terrible, it's small enough to take with you in case your amp blows mid gig.

i have a power block and it works really well with humbuckers. i didn't like how it sounded with my strat while trying to get a pretty clean bluesy tone.
they DO take pedals pretty well. but the thing to understand with these amps is that they were MEANT to have the crunchy rock sound, and they don't have a whole lot of clean headroom before breakup starts.......because that's what they're SUPPOSED to do.....break up.

imo.

I played through one years ago at Guitar Center that was running two cabs stacked. Didn't do much on it because it was out in the middle of the store. At that time they came out Crate was saying they worked on having it respond tube like in that you would have more distortion control with the guitar's volume knob. I'd like to hear what you think on that when you get time.

Back