NAD!

Chad

Slender Hobbit
No, not that A, new attenuator day. After Barn Storm and a weekend of cranking my amp, I really got to hear how great it sounded at high volumes, so I decided to give a try at an attenuator, so this arrived today. I just spent about an hour with it and man does it improve my sound being able to crank my amp and keep the volume at a manageable level.

IMG_2914.JPG

That's interesting to me -- I find that a five-watt tube amp is too loud for getting distortion at bedroom levels.

That's interesting to me -- I find that a five-watt tube amp is too loud for getting distortion at bedroom levels.

Guitar Heel has a 5 watt (I think it is 5 watt, it has 1 6v6 for power) Nace amp that kept up with my 15 watt and jelloman's 30 watt (I think it was 30). He didn't have any clean at that point and it was dimed, but he was just as loud and it sounded great.

The sound quality is still pretty good?

I don't really notice a sound difference with the unit on, other than when I can crank the amp at a lower volume, it sounds better. When I set it at a neutral setting (all the way down is no sound, all the way up is basically off) I don't notice any difference.

Nice!

The only attenuator I've had was a Weber Mass.

It was great. I really thought it sounded awesome.

When I sold my 100 watt Marshall, I sold it as well.

I dig attenuators. However I don't follow this path for my current rig as I chose to just use lower powered amps instead.

Back