Dig it! NAD!

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
So, I had a guitar repair done at a local music store, and when I went in to pick it up, I saw a Fender Ramparte amp (9w tube - 12AX7 preamp, and 6L6 power). I know what's been said about it, and I decided to hear it for myself. I used the guitar that I brought in for repair (Fender Classic Player '72 Thinline Telecaster Deluxe), since I already knew the sound of that guitar. Well, I was blown away by the "Cool" channel. It has a really nice warm tone, that breaks up to a beautiful crunch when the volume is pushed. The "Hot" channel starts at a nice crunch and works its way up to a nice heavy overdriven sound. I put it on layaway, and just brought it home.

I will say that this amp loves to be paired with single coils, but I found that there are some humbuckers that it likes, too (but not all). My Strats (it especially liked the Lace Sensor Golds), Tele, Classic Player '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe (might be the extra knobs), Epi LP with Classic 57 & 57 Plus, and really like the Epi SG on the "Hot" channel.

All tone control has to come from the guitars, and a two way footswitch will give the ability to move between channels.

Last point: I can't fully explain it, but there is a certain natural reverb that occurs with this amp. It's an open back, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it's in the sound somehow.

c648900c-0802-4317-bb11-dc99e427445f_zpse127d819.jpg

IMGP9578_zpsb78f46ec.jpg

IMGP9581_zpsc6685e02.jpg

Last edited:
I hear this too: "Last point: I can't fully explain it, but there is a certain natural reverb that occurs with this amp."

I would be interested in what somebody that understands amps, thinks about the circuit. What the hell is going on inside this thing?

Bob, I have to give you credit for naming that added "something" that makes up the sound. I couldn't really define it, other than just being amazed by it. When you said "reverb," I thought you nailed it.

Back