NAD

profgalen

Helper
I stopped by my local SA on my way to work and saw these on blow-out for $199. This is one of the special editions with the Eminence Legend speaker. I'm going to try my hand at some of the mods I've seen on the web.
seza8umu.jpg
esyhuse9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I tried to buy one of the brown one online the other day only to have the vendor call me and tell me that they were out of stock. I just took a ride to SA and picked up a blue Excelsior. I traded in a bass and got $5 more than I bought it for.

Major score!

I got mine back in October 2013 for $199 as well. Love it and use it by itself or in combo with my Tweed Deluxe clone. As for mods, I have only done tubes so far but will be adding the tone control. Easy mod as it is just a drop in component.

Enjoy!!!

HNAD :thu:

I plan to do the tone control mod too. I'll use the stock tubes until they need to be replaced.

I plan to do the tone control mod too. I'll use the stock tubes until they need to be replaced.

I replaced only the preamp tubes with Tung Sol 12AX7's which are some of my favorites. I kept the power tubes and will replace them in time with Tung Sol 6V6's.

Back