NAD, well kind of

Chad

Slender Hobbit
So the best part about my dad nabbing the AC15 on sale from Sweetwater was that I got my JC-55 back from him today. I loaned it to him so long ago, that I forgot it was mine. :grin:

So now I have more amps than electric guitars. I guess I need to get going on one of my builds.

IMG_2966.JPG

Nice. I had an oportunity to get a Jazz Chorus 120 about 10 years ago. I didn't realize what the big deal was back then, but I kick myself now for not getting it.

It looks like I will be taking it apart and cleaning the pots and checking the jack connections. It is a little scratchy, but it still sounds great.

So I played around on it for a while today. It is pretty much what I remembered. It is killer clean with modulation, delays and reverbs, but not so good with dirt.

J Mascis told a story about when he was producing a Buffalo Tom record that involved a JC amp. The guitar player wheeled it in and J told that guy he could just leave it out in the hallway.

J Mascis told a story about when he was producing a Buffalo Tom record that involved a JC amp. The guitar player wheeled it in and J told that guy he could just leave it out in the hallway.

Not surprising for anything J was involved with. They are not the amp for him. If you are trying to nail classic 80s sounds from bands like the Cure, than this is what you need. My brother in law used a 120 forever, the songs in my sig (the 550959 one) he played it on all of those tracks. The live tracks have me and my Marshall or Mesa along with him and the JC120. The studio tracks are all him with the 120. He makes it sound not very JCish at all.

So, I just gave it a whirl with the Rat I built and it actually sounds good with that pedal in front. So now I have a cool second little rig.

Back