NAD! now with clip

Interesting.... is that a switchable rectifier tube / Solid state? hard to see it on my little screen.... would love to see some close ups of that....

HNAD!!

So the chassis was repurposed from a different amp so the extra tube slots are not in use, so no switchable rectifier.

He says it is a simplified princeton circuit.

Seems s little redundant with your 30, but an ac15 is a good one to have. I would love to find someone who makes an affordable hand wired ac15 type amp.

I think Hayseed does, depending on what you consider "affordable."

HNAD! That amp looks sweet, and I'm not surprised it's patterned after the Princeton amp, given the tubes that were used. Should be an awesome amp!

so here is a super quick clip recorded with my iPhone. The volume is at 9 o'clock and the treble and bass are both at noon. It is with my McFeely, the first run through is the bridge pickup it goes clean, then my Bluebonnet, then my Zephyr and last the Iron Bell. I then switched to the neck and did the same thing.

Sounded great, except for the Iron Bell. You should probably send it to me to... :idea:

:thu:

I was surprised by how much I liked that Zephyr.

Sounded great, except for the Iron Bell. You should probably send it to me to... :idea:

:thu:

I was surprised by how much I liked that Zephyr.

Obviously my playing and the iPhone recording don't do them justice, but I really like the Zephyr. I am not sure what it is based on, but it isn't over the top as most fuzzes are, I had the Attack (fuzz) knob pegged and it isn't too heavy.

Back