NAD: Marshall JTM 60 Head

Goldtop11

Mojo & Blues
11313124_10206687786862453_4034991054155374957_o.jpg

Got this beauty a few days ago used from Guitar Center. I'm surprised at how clean it is. (All other 90's JTM's I see are beat to heck and have missing knobs and such.)

I don't understand why these get such sub-par ratings among guitarists for the sound. (Other than the whole overheating thing, lol.) panic0

The clean channel is absolutely gorgeous and the gain channel sounds like a solid Marshall. Anybody owned or played one of these?

I had a JTM30 1x12 combo, was my main amp for a long time...the clean tone was to die for, the dirty side was really good but not quite as good as the clean side...and it was plenty loud...

That amp was a maintenance nightmare...I was constantly bringing it in for tube sockets or input jacks or effects loop problems...finally had to dump it...

Did sound good when it worked, though...

I had a JTM30 1x12 combo, was my main amp for a long time...the clean tone was to die for, the dirty side was really good but not quite as good as the clean side...and it was plenty loud...

That amp was a maintenance nightmare...I was constantly bringing it in for tube sockets or input jacks or effects loop problems...finally had to dump it...

Did sound good when it worked, though...

That makes sense, I've heard quite a few nightmares about the maintenance of these things. It's not replacing my Class 5, so I don't plan on it being my workhorse amp. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the head doesn't have the same problems as the combos. :embarrassed:

HNAD! I remember looking pretty seriously at one when it came up locally. Didn't pull the trigger, though. Enjoy!

Back