NAD! DV Mark "Little Jazz"

Except every Marshall user who pulled a pair of power tubes so they could get more distortion at lower volumes. Regardless, this is a clean amp, and as Mark mentioned earlier, he has other options for higher power situations. This amp fills a specific need.
Point noted, and I agree, tube amps do sound better with a lower wattage one being cranked up a bit. And I've spent countless hours modding my twin project amp to reduce the wattage... but it hasn't left my basement in several years either, I ain't lugging that thing anywhere.

I'll stand by my earlier statement though; I'd rather have the horsepower and not need it, than not have it and get drowned out. Been in both situations, as I'm sure others have, and it's not a lot of fun to hope that everyone behaves themselves. 23 lbs isn't a lot of amp to lug.

Point noted, and I agree, tube amps do sound better with a lower wattage one being cranked up a bit. And I've spent countless hours modding my twin project amp to reduce the wattage... but it hasn't left my basement in several years either, I ain't lugging that thing anywhere.

I'll stand by my earlier statement though; I'd rather have the horsepower and not need it, than not have it and get drowned out. Been in both situations, as I'm sure others have, and it's not a lot of fun to hope that everyone behaves themselves. 23 lbs isn't a lot of amp to lug.

I only play original music, so I don't have to deal with that bullshit. Also, if you're louder than my 40 watt Allen is capable of, you're playing MSG.

My main concern is to be heard over unamplified wind instruments and a drum set. If everyone else is getting mic'd then either they'll mic me, run a DI from the line out or I'll have my electric rig anyway and the point is moot. The 8' speaker vs a 12" is really what my issue is. Plus this seems to have a small amount more wattage (not that 5 watts really matter at this end of the spectrum):

TECHNICAL SPECS
Preamp Amp: Solid State

Power Amp: Analog

Controls: Master | Bass - Mid - High | Rev

Other Features:
Aux IN
Headphone OUT
XLR Line Out
Speaker ON/OFF
Output for external cab (minimum load 8 ohm)

Power: 50WRMS@8ohm / 60WRMS@4ohm

Speaker size: 1x12” DV Mark Custom
Impedance: 8 ohm

Size (cm): 43.5 (w) | 42.5 (h) | 30.5 (d)
Size (inches): 17.12" (w) | 16.73" (h) | 12" (d)
Weight:18.95 lbs / 8.6 kg

Whats funny is that I got the wattage from the MF website and even their specs at the bottom are different than the manufacturers:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/dv-mark-dv-jazz-12-45-watt-1x12-jazz-combo

• Power: 60W (4 ohms); 45W (8 ohms) ” solid state
  • Single channel
  • Controls: Master volume, bass, middle, high, reverb
  • Speaker: 1x12" DV Mark Custom
  • Impedance: 8 ohms
  • Built-in reverb
  • AUX input
  • Headphone output
  • XLR line out
  • Speaker on/off switch
  • External output (8 ohms)
  • Dimensions: 17.32" x 16.93" x 12.05"
  • Weight: 22.49 lb.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464998571.386105.jpg

Much better.

I had to head home. I'll bring my archtop to work tomorrow, maybe make a video. It's amazing how light it is for the size of the cabinet though. It feels like they forgot to put the amp in the box when you pick it up.
I know it's not your intended application, but I'm very interested in how it takes distortion.

I know it's not your intended application, but I'm very interested in how it takes distortion.
I'll give it a spin with my pedalboard. I'm not holding high hopes for that application although it might take a cleaner boost ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll give it a spin with my pedalboard. I'm not holding high hopes for that application although it might take a cleaner boost ok.

I may need a clean platform and I don't really want to use my Peavey Bandit. Though, Smurfco used it on our last gig and its punk as fuck.

I may need a clean platform and I don't really want to use my Peavey Bandit. Though, Smurfco used it on our last gig and its punk as fuck.
Well, this is SUPER light and fairly loud. I'll try and make a video using my Les Paul and some pedals for you.

First gig out with it. The other guitarist here tonight has an Evans:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465531729.736993.jpg

His amp sounds a little better than mine but it's about $1000 more and it's a 500 watt class D amp. I played my first set through his amp and the second through my new DV Mark and I was still pretty happy with my amp.

He is playing a Godin 5th Avenue with a single p90 and it sounds really good for this kind of music. I need to quit trying guitars at Namm.

Back