NAD - Craigslist score

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
Since getting the green Lester and playing more guitar than bass lately, I've missed having a Marshall to go with said Les Paul. I love Les Pauls and Marshalls (who doesn't?). In particular, even though they're overkill, I love 100 watt Marshalls. I played around in GC going between the DSL100h and the DSL40c, and even at the same, lower volume, I just so much prefer the tone of the 100 watt into a 412 cabinet.

So I started looking on Craigslist. Was figuring I'd snag a used DSL100h, the newer Vietnamese made version. They seemed to be going in the $500-$600 range, with the JCM 2000 British made DSL100 going around $600-$700.

Then I saw a listing in Dayton, about an hour north, of a JCM2000 for $400. I figure it must be beat. Contact the guy, it's not beat - sure, some tolex nicks here and there, but nothing atrocious. Needs a decent cleaning. Recently retubed with JJs. I offer him $375, just because I have to, and he says OK.

I get there to meet him, and he's got the amp and a custom 412 cab with Celestion V12-60s in it. Tells me if I give him the full $400, he'll throw in the cab. Says he's throwing in the cab because he pulled off the input jack. Opened it up, it needs a whopping 2 wires soldered.

So, I walked away with a 100 watt, British made Marshall head and a 412 cab for $400. I'm still probably going to sell the cab for $100-$150 - I like Marshall 1960 cabs, and want one of those.

IMG_5658.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_6546.JPG

score.

Years ago, I had the 50 Watt version and bought the Marshall 2x12" cab. Much easier on the back and sounded awesome too. I guess if you aren't gigging and having to lug the cab around, it doesn't matter.

Back