The right way to construct/eat nachos

• Cheese and extras on the sideand chips indiviually dipped

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Cheese and everything else dumped right on top of the chips

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I'm watching the Cubs/Giants game and the pan out to the stands. here is a bloke eating Nacho's from a styrofoam container which is sectioned off, much like the kind you get for mexican or chinese take out. In the big section is round tortilla chips and one of the small sections is nacho cheese and then the final section has the jalepenos and whatever else.
The guy is dipping individual chips into the nacho chees. I think this is the wrong way imho. Call me old school but I like the old style container the waxed paper basket like you'd get corn dogs in or maybe fish and chips. Back in the day they just dumped the chips in, topped it with nacho cheese from the pump machine and then tossed on some jalepenos....this seems like the right way to do it imho.

Maybe it's just a mid western thing, or maybe just a chicago thing but I pretty sure thats not the way Nachos construction/cpnsumption was intended to be.

What do you think is the correct way to go about nacho consumption ?

I've seen the sections method a lot at movie theaters and sporting events for the most part.
Real nachos, OTOH, are STACKED with stuff.

_main_1.jpg

Favorite Nachos are/were at Taco Gringo in Springpiss and Mexican Manhattan in San Antonio. Former are totally covered in shredded cheese and sauce and the latter are totally covered in a layer of beans and half-melted cheese. Don't remember any memorable nachos apart from those.

Favorite Nachos are/were at Taco Gringo in Springpiss and Mexican Manhattan in San Antonio. Former are totally covered in shredded cheese and sauce and the latter are totally covered in a layer of beans and half-melted cheese. Don't remember any memorable nachos apart from those.
My initiation to the world of nachos was 1979....Tucson Toros game. A stryofoam bowl of chips, pumped on cheese and jalepenos..mmmmm mmmm. I have forever associated nachos with minor league ball :embarrassed:

Cheese and bacon or hamburger on top of the nachos, please. No scallions or jalapeños for me, thanks.

Pile it up then. Don't be stingy with the chili.
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Nachos. Chili (on nachos) is blasphemous ! Chile (on nachos) on the other hand is fine. I remember when Taco Bell started coming out with the Nachos and they put the kitchen sink on 'em. That was fine for what it was when you were in his school but if I'm at a ballgame or a stock car race then I want just chips smothered in pump cheese and jalepenos.

I think I'd like things sectioned if I had to hold the container. Much like at a ballpark.
It also makes it easier to share with family. Especially since I'm the only one that would be eating the jalapeños.

At a restaurant, pile it on!
But no damned olives!

I think I'd like things sectioned if I had to hold the container. Much like at a ballpark.
It also makes it easier to share with family. Especially since I'm the only one that would be eating the jalapeños.

At a restaurant, pile it on!
But no damned olives!
There's something to be said for the chips on the bottom of the piled on cheese though, they have a different texture...somewhat soggy like wet bread, a different mouthfeel which you just can not get with sectioned of nachos.

Also -- REAL cheese and not that venomous-looking soup they use in movie theaters, sporting events, etc.

Back