N(O)PD

Chad

Slender Hobbit
New old pedal day. So I had one of these a while ago and ended up selling it to Kerouac. I haven't found anything I liked to replace it, so I bought another one. It's a Pedal Monsters Klone.
image.jpg

That sounded so good at Pragestock 2013. I gotta finish my build...along with a few others.

I'll probably never get a chance to play the original Klon so I have no idea if this sounds anything like it, but this pedal sounds great.

I'll probably never get a chance to play the original Klon so I have no idea if this sounds anything like it, but this pedal sounds great.

It wouldn't matter so much as the way electronics process things, probably only small differences will be heard - if at all. The original Klon was said to have special selected diodes much like picking tubes that spec'd out to a certain specification. Anything outside the variance was rejected. This is much like the fuzz tones that used to use transistors that are no longer manufactuered.

What I liked about your Klon Klone was that it bumped the drive up just enough which was the Klon's original intent. Many drives are designed not for the slight push but for the over the top sound. More bump type boost have been introduced or reintroduced to accomplish this task ie: EP3 front ends as well Roland Space Echo front ends, etc.

Back