Dig it! N(O)AD

New (Old) Amp Day
So, even though I'm broke, this deal was too good to pass up.

It's a Marshall 5210 1x12 50W combo amp. '80's solid state, pre-"Valvestate" and pre-"AVT." Picked up for peanuts. New knobs on order. For now, my Fender two-button footswitch works to change the channels. Will buy another footswitch soon, so each amp has its own dedicated switch.

Because rock.

After I get this'un all fixed up I'll probably sell my similar, slightly smaller Marshall Lead 20 1x10 combo. They are both from the same solid-state side of the JCM 800 Lead line. Essentially Marshall tried to duplicate the signal path of the JCM 800 tube amp in solid state form. They sound surprisingly good, and are pretty indestructible given Marshall build quality of the time, and no tubes to break or go bad.

These things are starting to go up in value a little bit, but in this particular case the seller had got it at a great price from a friend, and was just looking to get back what he'd put into it.

Which was about a third of what they are currently going for, maybe a little under that.

I love Gainesville. :thumbup:

22592021520_14d2001e15_b.jpg

HNOAD and good wishes from here as well with your recovery.

I ran across a Fender Princeton 112 SS yesterday for 50 bucks, then I read "defect" on the sticker. Asked what it was and the dude said it wouldn't change off of the dirty channel. I thought , damn....if it had only been the other way around.

Back