N$95GD

The other pickups that caught my attention are the Fender Vintage Noiseless. I was really surprised by the sweetness (I know how subjective that sounds, but it's the best I can do) of those pickups.

The other pickups that caught my attention are the Fender Vintage Noiseless. I was really surprised by the sweetness (I know how subjective that sounds, but it's the best I can do) of those pickups.
They have their detractors, like everything else I guess, but I like them too.

At Dave's you gotta be quick! I've lost out on a ton of stuff there because I took a minute to actually think about it. :grin:

I hear ya :) Things go fast there. Couldn't believe it when I saw it, but they have some pretty good deals on used stuff fairly often.

As that is one of the mid to high range Pacificas it was probably made in Taiwan (my Pacifica 812S definitely was, and I think my 402S was as well). I think only the top end stuff got made in Japan, probably anything with a 12** model number or higher.

Very sweet score for that money, here in the UK you'd be lucky to get a second hand 012 or 112 for that.

And a nice chance you took kind sir! Pacificas are great guitars IMO, and the one you got, isn't exactly their bottom of the line model. Congrats!

Happy NGD! Nice looking guitar.

What is with all the scratches, dings, gouges and finish issues? Do you plan on fixing them or going with the relic'd look?

On your wood floor, I mean...:grin:

Happy NGD! Nice looking guitar.

What is with all the scratches, dings, gouges and finish issues? Do you plan on fixing them or going with the relic'd look?

On your wood floor, I mean...:grin:
It's not a relic...original finish from 1878. :wink: That wear was earned through 137 years of abuse...

:haters:

OK: actually, the one I was watching was on the GC used site for $99...a 721... :facepalm:

There's one right now for $189 which would still be a pretty good deal.

...a 721... :facepalm:
Are those better or worse? I know nothing about these things...

3870948-jon+snow.jpg

Lol.

Sorry about the floor comment, I tried resisting as long as possible but...
:grin:

It's not the first time it's come up. :thu:

The floors are on the list, with about 100 other projects. We bought a really old house from people who were terrible stewards of the house, property, barn, and pool, so we've got a lot to do. We've done a LOT in two years, but those were more pressing projects. :) I do get splinters though.

Back