My wife might hate me, but it's damn fun!

MonkeyZero

Mexican Mayonnaise Weiner Sandwich
Got this bad boy yesterday. 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S.
My wife hates motorcycles. She said, "OK kids, say goodbye to daddy"
She thinks they're death traps. Oh well.
7dc5bd54e732a8a9d01dc84069ebf5a0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I work with a guy who uses motorcycles to get stuff...whenever he wants something big he leaves motorcycle magazines around the house and motorcycle websites on the computer and his wife lets him get whatever he wants as long as it isn't a motorcycle...

Happy New Motorcycle Day! :thu:

Reactions: Tig
Got this bad boy yesterday. 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S.
My wife hates motorcycles. She said, "OK kids, say goodbye to daddy"
She thinks they're death traps. Oh well.
7dc5bd54e732a8a9d01dc84069ebf5a0.jpg

My knee dragging days are over,that could start them up again.

That looks fun!

I sold my last motorcycle right before my son was born 21 years ago. I started riding when I was 6, but something told me it was time to step away.
In my fire/EMS days, I saw things...

Happy New Bike Day!

Motorcycles are an enormous amount of fun. Nothing beats a nice long scenic ride on a beautiful day on the back of a good bike. I've had more than my share, and way more than my share of injuries sustained while riding.

Despite how good a rider you are, how careful and attentive you are, you are ALWAYS at the mercy of the army of asshats in giant steel boxes that surround and outnumber on the road. Many of them are preoccupied, distracted, stupid, or simply not "aware" of the presence of bikes in their vicinity. It's a bit like Russian Roulette every time you turn the key and fire up your beautiful beast.

I've lost friends on Bikes... several. Most were being careful and responsible at the time. One, was not... and the scene was more horrific than words can describe.

Another friend, Ben. He was reckless and thought himself indestructible. No matter that in the span of six months he had two scary crashes that were entirely his fault, and which left him with a few good broken bones.

Ben never learned. Shortly after having a cast removed from one of his legs, he took his super-go-fast crotch rocket out for a midnight jaunt testing the limits of his Bike's performance, and his own ability to reign them in.

Ben hit the center median at an estimated speed of 160+ MPH. This launched him over the median, over the three traffic lanes on the other side, and into a guard rail. He lost his right leg above the knee, his left leg just below the knee, and his left arm at the shoulder right there at the scene. His right arm was so shattered that despite somehow surviving, his one remaining extremity hangs lifeless and useless at his side.

He spent nearly a year in hospital. He was in his early 20s with a beautiful kid and a bright future. Now he's a bitter, lonely recluse with a pair of prosthetic legs he refuses to use, hasn't seen his kid in years, rarely if ever goes outside...

Respect the Bike. There's enough shit out there on the roads to worry about already. Respect the Bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tig
Happy New Bike Day!

Motorcycles are an enormous amount of fun. Nothing beats a nice long scenic ride on a beautiful day on the back of a good bike. I've had more than my share, and way more than my share of injuries sustained while riding.

Despite how good a rider you are, how careful and attentive you are, you are ALWAYS at the mercy of the army of asshats in giant steel boxes that surround and outnumber on the road. Many of them are preoccupied, distracted, stupid, or simply not "aware" of the presence of bikes in their vicinity. It's a bit like Russian Roulette every time you turn the key and fire up your beautiful beast.

I've lost friends on Bikes... several. Most were being careful and responsible at the time. One, was not... and the scene was more horrific than words can describe.

Another friend, Ben. He was reckless and thought himself indestructible. No matter that in the span of six months he had two scary crashes that were entirely his fault, and which left him with a few good broken bones.

Ben never learned. Shortly after having a cast removed from one of his legs, he took his super-go-fast crotch rocket out for a midnight jaunt testing the limits of his Bike's performance, and his own ability to reign them in.

Ben hit the center median at an estimated speed of 160+ MPH. This launched him over the median, over the three traffic lanes on the other side, and into a guard rail. He lost his right leg above the knee, his left leg just below the knee, and his left arm at the shoulder right there at the scene. His right arm was so shattered that despite somehow surviving, his one remaining extremity hangs lifeless and useless at his side.

He spent nearly a year in hospital. He was in his early 20s with a beautiful kid and a bright future. Now he's a bitter, lonely recluse with a pair of prosthetic legs he refuses to use, hasn't seen his kid in years, rarely if ever goes outside...

Respect the Bike. There's enough shit out there on the roads to worry about already. Respect the Bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks? Mr. Ray of Sunshine...

Thanks for the likes. I am known among friends and family as Captain Safety. I am fully aware that idiots rule the road.
A vast majority of my riding is/will be done on back country roads at a leisurely pace.
Living here in Ormond (Daytona) people are much more aware of bikes. That doesn't negate the morons, but considering how many bikes there are here, the crash statistics are extremely low.
I'm always hyper aware. I love my kids and wife too much not to be. I don't ride in rain, wet, or at night.

Happy New Motorcycle Day! I have ridden for over 30 years, but still took a Motorcycle Rider Safety Course 15 years ago.

That is a very nice bike.
FWIW my father-in-law was an avid motorcycle rider back in the day. He had a huge collection of bikes of various kinds (but no Harley's, he hates them) and he used to frequently go on cross continent rallies all over Nort America. He even did a few in Europe. He told me some amazing stories of his adventures.

Unfortunately his riding days are over due to some back problems, but I can tell he really misses it.

Back